Annual Auto Shopping Trends and Industry Insights Report
San Francisco, CA — March 15, 2016 — To help marketers better understand the way people shop for vehicles online, the digital marketing experts at Jumpstart Automotive Media have released their sixth annual Insights Book. This yearlong compilation of online auto shopping trends and industry insights is gleaned from the company's portfolio of automotive sites that represent 21 million auto shoppers in the U.S. and another 1.3 million in Canada.
A look at what's inside:
- Jumpstart continues to have the highest number of unique visitors in the U.S.—across all screens—among its competitive set
- Smartphone traffic in Canada increased 5% in the second half of 2015, now representing 36% of Jumpstart's Canadian audience
Online Auto Shopping in 2015:
- Honda's new HR-V and CR-V, Chevrolet Trax, and Mazda CX-5 all experienced growth in shopper interest of 80% or more in the U.S. in 2015
- Despite consumer demand shifting to SUVs/CUVs and trucks, Jumpstart also saw consumer interest in alternative fuel vehicles grow 13% for the year
- Whether entry, midsize, or full-size, BMW and Audi led the luxury sedan category in 2015—each had at least one sedan in the Top 5
- Alternative fuel vehicles experienced the most growth in shopper interest in Canada last year, followed by trucks (18% and 17%, respectively)
- FCA Group's Jeep and FIAT brands helped drive much of the SUV/CUV momentum in Canada. Renegade, Wrangler, and Grand Cherokee all held top rankings among competitors in 2015, while FIAT 500X saw the highest growth (59%) in the popular subcompact SUV/CUV category
- Luxury interest in Canada was up 2% total, as five of the Top 10 growing brands in shopper interest were luxury (Alfa Romeo, Mercedes-Benz, Infiniti, Maserati, and Jaguar)
Plus: A custom campaign case study, 2016 predictions for U.S. auto industry, an exclusive driverless car design collaboration with Detroit auto designer Angelo Kafantaris, our take on the evolving relationship between Silicon Valley and Detroit, one brand's cross-tier strategy success, a Q&A with Del Grande Dealer Group Chief Operating Officer, Jeremy Beaver, and more.
Jumpstart Automotive Media, a division of Hearst Magazines, offers high-impact and performance-driven marketing and advertising solutions that achieve optimum results. Jumpstart is an industry thought leader known for its True Market Impact™ brand reports and in-depth shopping trend insights. Exclusively representing automotive digital publishers, Jumpstart reaches consumers at all stages of consideration and provides in-market scale.
JumpStartAutomotiveMedia.com, JumpstartAutomotiveMedia.ca, @JumpstartAuto
Jumpstart Automotive Media is: Car and Driver, U.S. News Best Cars, NADAguides, J.D. Power Cars, autoweek.com, Autobytel, Daily News Autos, LeftLane, CarSoup, and CarBuzz.
Jumpstart Automotive Media Canada is: Car and Driver, Canadian Black Book, U.S. News Best Cars, NADAguides, J.D. Power Cars, autoweek.com, Autobytel, Daily News Autos, LeftLane, CarSoup, and CarBuzz.